Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend travels

Two weekends ago, I should have been spent putting things together and finalizing packing for Minneapolis. However, previous engagements needed to be attended first!

On Saturday, my parents and I drove to Chicago to attend my cousin Amber's baby shower. She and Davey are expecting in about a month and we wanted to be present to help them celebrate! The shower was a wonderful time, we played numerous games and had the opportunity to get to know others who have touched Amber's life, as well as catch up with my dad's family. After the shower, we helped clean up the space and move the presents and remaining food back to their house. After a few fun family photos, we headed to my Aunt's house for dinner and a recap of my summer adventures in Europe.







Milwaukee Brewers Cooperstown Pennant (Google Affiliate Ad)
On Sunday, I had planned (long before I came home from Europe) with my friend Jon to attend a Milwaukee Brewer's game! Jon picked me up by mid morning and we headed down to Milwaukee. Our first stop was at an IHOP though-- better breakfast (and more affordable) than the stadium would provide! Upon heading into the stadium, we found the newest statue of Bob Uecker and we got a photo of Bob with Jon!!
Jon had printed off the tickets and handed one to me. He made a quick entrance through the scanner and gate, but my ticket wouldn't let me in. The scanner wouldn't pick up on it and they wouldn't let me in! They referred me back to the ticket box offices and asked that I get them to reprint my ticket. Once that was settled, I was able to get in without hesitation. Jon and I picked up our Bobble Heads and headed into the game! Before going straight up to our seats though, we stopped by the Brewer's dugout to see if any players were around for autographs. None of who was there sparked Jon's interest, and he told me we needed to go take some tourist-esque photos of me with figures around the park.
I had been tweeting about being at the stadium and at the game and got a phone call from a friend who had seen my tweet and was heading to the game, too! Before we went up to our seats, we met up with my friend Courtney!! It was so much fun to catch up and see one another!When Jon and I finally made the hike up to our seats, we checked out our bobble heads. What did we find? He had the regular Ramirez one, I got the specialty one! The difference? A gold jersey compared to a white one! Well, the Brewers won the game, although it was not high scoring, it definitely had high intensity. After the game, Jon and I headed back to Fond du Lac for ice cream at Gilles. Shortly after, Jon dropped me back at my house so I could begin packing to leave for Minneapolis on Monday!

On my way to Minneapolis, I made an overnight pitstop in Stevens Point to see a few more people that I missed out on the last time I was there. When I got into town on Monday evening, I first stopped through Thomson Hall and then headed for Noel Fine Arts Center (NFAC). When getting to the NFAC, I stopped first at the department office and then I stopped my our orchestral director's office. Just when I thought I had missed my professor for low brass, I recognized the time. It was the time that low brass ensemble was rehearsing. What did I do? Grabbed my bass trombone from my car and joined them for the rest of rehearsal!! Talk about an absolutely fun time!!

I met up with a few girls from our London trip for dinner at a sushi place and did random meet ups with people both in their rooms and at the Basement Brewhaus until I crashed from exhaustion! Taking a little time Tuesday for seeing more bright, smiling faces at the Brewhaus again and at Noodles. Just after lunch that afternoon, I left for the final leg of the journey to Minneapolis! I arrived during rush hour, and usually I hold up pretty well for defending my decisions and actions on the road. But this was my first large-city drive in my new car, with the stick shift. Whew. I made it safely but it felt like F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  After settling in and doing some minor unpacking, I planned how to get to my work meeting the following day and headed to bed!

More to come.. can you keep up??
Sarah Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment