Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Series Continues..


The second book in the series of Sarah Marsh started this week. Previously we were going through chapters of college, summer externship in London, graduation, and job searching. Currently, I am closing the first book and beginning the second: Real Life. 


On Saturday after I got back from Minneapolis, my parents picked me up and we headed to my dad’s RC Sailing group in Brandon. On our way home from sailing, we stopped by the Holiday Car Dealership in Fond du Lac and began the hunt for a vehicle for me. Initially I made swooning and embracing actions towards a particular orange sedan without paying the slightest of attention to the logistical points ie. milage, cost, and age. My mom immediately told me to be more responsible in a decision and to  continue looking at vehicles based on their logistical points, not just the color. Oops. Sorry mom. 

As it turns out, the little, orange Ford Focus I found in the beginning was actually the best car based on age, milage and cost. Don’t I know what’s great!? Considering the car is stick shift and I only learned one day about five years ago in the piedmont region of South Carolina: hilly and incredibly challenging to a beginner (thanks for this goes out to Colin Kane in Aiken Estates around June 2007), my parents had to do the test driving on this one. Once we were off a few main roads, I did try my hand at it but with two backseat drivers telling me what to do when it became incredibly overwhelming and I parked it saying, “I’m done with this.” Talk about frustrations. I figured it was a no-go and we returned back to the dealership to test drive a couple other vehicles. As the day ended, my parents had other things in mind. We put the deposit on the car before we left and then headed home. 

On Tuesday, my dad had a day off from work and we headed back to the dealership so I could pay the down payment and take care of the spare keys and insurance-- dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s you know. While my dad took me to a church parking lot to practice driving stick shift, my phone was going off in the backseat. Not that I heard it due to my severe concentration, not to mention my phone was on vibrate. A little later I found that I had the missed call and a voicemail. After my dad made me drive him around town taking him around as practice and so he could complete his errands for the day, I listened to the voicemail- a call from the Minnesota Orchestra, who I interviewed with last week in Minneapolis. I quickly called them back, only to receive an offer for the position!! 

All in one day I feel as though I have become an adult. I purchased a car, learned to drive stick shift, and accepted the position of Ticket Sales Representative for the Minnesota Orchestra. Early next week, I will be moving to Minneapolis and beginning work by mid-week. Words do not even begin to describe how incredibly excited I am to begin this next step. My dreams have come true on this one, hands down. 

Until next time! Cheers!
Sarah Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment