Monday, June 11, 2012

Internship Time!

On Saturday I began my first day at my internship! As a reminder, I'm the marketing intern for ShadowStage Productions. Saturday entailed observing casting/auditions for a few hours. Then followed the production team playing with the shadows ourselves to experience how it worked! I have a few videos to share... Enjoy!

Leon was directing us on how to 'trick' the eye in the shadows. Those included in these videos are Leon, Claire, Chris, Patty, and Johnny. We had a really great time. Finally, we finished up the afternoon with a production meeting by going through the script, ideas for rehearsal location, stage sets, and of course marketing! I had a really fantastic time spending the afternoon with this group. I feel as though we are going to have a ton of fun working together!

In other news, I'm surprised no one in our group has developed webbed feet! It has rained EVERY day since we've arrived, save for Saturday. However, we were inside working all day and missed out on the sunshine... some kids in our group even got sunburn! I couldn't believe it! Also, it is becoming a common trend for the others on our trip to purchase Wellies, Wellington Boots, Hunter Boots, or what ever other rain gear/shoes they can find! Fortunately, I asked my mom last week when we arrived to send over my rain boots! No need to buy a second pair when I have a perfectly good set at home! :)


Over last week and this weekend, I continued to venture around the city and take various interesting photos. These are only off of my iPod. I'll get the other pictures off my camera and onto Facebook in a few days! Here are some pictures form my ventures!



These two photographs are some large decorative tiles that are up along both sides of a tube station (Earl's Court Station) that I use for a connection to my District Line train down to Wimbledon Park. I thought the designs were quite stunning, so I took a few pictures. Believe you me, these do not even do them all justice!
This is a bookend I found at a store.. It is now the background of my iPod.. Too cute. There was so much celebration and enthusiasm/pride for the country and the queen this week! I cannot wait to find more souvenirs of it all! 


This is so well represented you may not need to be told.. but alas it is Big Ben. I learned Sunday on a riverboat river cruise that the name, Big Ben, is not for the tower. It is in fact named for the bell inside the tower! We were able to see a number of great buildings and learn very interesting history about the life surrounding the river! 

"Mind the Gap".. I didn't actually see why this statement was so important until Friday! Most all of the tubes I took did not have a gap or a step between the platform and the train! Until once, there was about six inches between, and a larger step up! I learned my lesson.. Mind the gap! Going through town however, it is much more interesting to see the city from a Double Decker! I do enjoy the tube ride down to Wimbledon for work, after Earl's Court, it's all outside/aboveground! 


This is a display of some tile in the Baker Street Station. Of course, because Baker Street is infamous for Sherlock Holmes.. the entire place is decked out in his honor! It was ironically perfect timing that Sunday night we were also able to see the second Sherlock Holmes movie at the International Student House (ISH) Theater!

Soon to come.. the photographic evidence and short bits about our first day of class!!

Cheers!!
Sarah Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment