Monday, June 11, 2012

Hair and Class

Through the social media sites that I use most often, Facebook and Twitter, you may or may not have noticed that there were some hints dropped about me cutting my hair when I came to London. After living in London for a week, I decided that the list of Pros and Cons should be made. Here is how I weighed my decision:
Pro:
-Shorter time getting ready in the morning
-Shorter time in the shower
-Less water on my mostly damp towel
-Only one towel to dry both me and my hair

Con:
-Not cutting:
    -Longer showers
    -Always wet towel
    -Need to go buy another towel

Basically... It was just going to be a necessary decision. Ethical and logical. So I chopped it off. Here are the pictures I treated as my inspiration to the cut:

 BEFORE
AFTER!! 











Also, today we started our class: British Life and Culture. Our Professor is really interesting and gave us the history of how England came to be ruled and the division between England and it's surrounding countries and the continent of Europe, the history involving Rome and the difference between each England, Britain and the United Kingdom. After a couple hours of 'lecture' in class, we headed out. The plan initially was to take a river walk. Since the inclement weather has NOT changed a single bit (I think it rained consecutively all day today), he decided to change it up and take us to the London Museum. From outside the museum, we got to see the original walls of London: 











We learned a lot of new information about how London was started and we will go there again later in the week to finish our journal assignment for class! 

Tonight also marks an evening to remember, Taylor, Adrian, Kevin and I just booked a trip to Dublin, Ireland for the last week of June. As more information is decided and plans are made, you will be shortly informed!! 

Cheers!
Sarah Marsh

2 comments:

  1. Love, love love!!! (Since you are in London, imagine the Beatles singing!) Miss you! Stay safe my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!! I love your hair and LOVE that you are going to Ireland!! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete