Friday, April 26, 2013

Crock Pot 101

HONEY APPLE PORK LOIN... IN THE BEGINNING
Today I began my first crockpot experience: Honey Apple Pork Loin. Yummmmmm.

I found the recipe on Pinterest, where if I plan it right, I might not need a cook book for a long time. I geared up and purchased a pork tenderloin, apple crisp apples (instead of red apples), honey, and cinnamon. This crock pot I have had to be pulled out of the box, cardboard and foam pieces to be used! Talk about a large expectation for the first try..

I happened to find myself without work on the day I wanted to cook and eat this, how convenient! It became a snowy and blustery day, the perfect opportunity to stay indoors and cook up delicious eatings!

As far as following a recipe, I am sorry to say, I do not recall how large my pork tenderloin was, I never measured a bit of cinnamon, or honey. I also used Honey Crisp apples rather than red. Have to admit it though, now that I get to tell you about the encounters I had regarding my crock pot...

BEFORE SERVING.. I CAN STILL SMELL THE CINNAMON
There is some construction going on in my house, and the door/window man was going in and out all day. By the time he left for the day, he insisted that he would need to make himself an apple crisp when he got home to make up for the smells I was taunting him with. Good to know! :) I was checking the crock pot ever couple hours and enjoying the smells rolling out from under the top. The entire house smelled like sweet honey, apples and cinnamon.

When I was able to finally enjoy the food, I found it lacking something. I can't put my finger on it, but it was just missing something. Perhaps a good idea of measurements.. but with honey, apples and cinnamon, can you really go wrong? I'm not quite sure. But I will be happy to make this again and enjoy it with a few more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment