Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Change of Address

Last weekend I moved to a T. P. Healy house. This may not mean much to you, or even to me, but it does mean there is a great amount of history within these walls. Last summer, my Aunt and Uncle purchased this house because my Uncle's great-grandfather built it. The Historical Preservation Society had already been included with the house and is working towards the similar goal of restoring the house to it's initial beauty and elegance.

A co-worker of  mine connected me with a co-intern of hers. She said he had a few months between his internship and his next move in life and was looking to get out of his mom's house. Naturally we set up an opportunity for him to check out the Healy house. I've never lived in an apartment setting before, as I have always worked within Residential Living (and let me tell you, paying my first rent check last week? Surreal.).

Last weekend was when Daniel and I moved into the house. It's a little strange because we each have all these things, but are only keeping them in our specific rooms. We have hardly any furniture and the kitchen keeps filling up with various food and dining utensil type things. Overall, it's totally fun and I am exponentially enjoying this every day. :) If you want to visit, please feel welcome (you just might need to bring a chair)!! It is so much fun.


The house is my favorite at night. It is quiet and yet feels as though it is alive. Not ghostlike, merely warm and homely. Let me know if you're looking for my new address.

No comments:

Post a Comment