Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Salmon Salmon Salmon

I keep giving you recipes and then telling you how I didn't follow them 100%. Unfortuantely, this is no different.. The largest difference between the recipe and what I did: the recipe calls for baking in the oven, and when I set out to cook salmon, I had no bakeware in the house. My salmon went in the skillet.

Having tried this a few times now, I have found that the skillet does work well. I have tried both butter and oil in the pan. Also using a large pot cover to help keep the fish covered seems to do the trick. For the sauce, I add it on afterward and it is deeee-lish.

With the guidance of my great cooking buddy, Jenni, she seasoned the sauce a little on the hot side (for my taste) but it was great nonetheless. I had enough of the sauce to last me through the remainder of the salmon I bought! Talk about a change up from my mac and cheese, riceroni and hamburger helper boxed meals. Add on some mashed squash, sweet potatoes or a variety of greens. Man oh man, that is a fantastic meal!

Unfortunately there are no pictures for this meal, but the next time I put it together, you can count on savory photos!
sc

No comments:

Post a Comment